A few articles I’ve enjoyed in recent weeks:
– I’ve been waiting years for this, but the Jewish summer camp sport Gaga has finally broken through in the mainstream! The New York Times has more. I think I need to find an adult Gaga league to join.
– The Classical looks at John Rocker’s latest career nadir, as a World Net Daily columnist.
– Drew Magary’s been on a roll lately at Deadspin/Gawker, I especially liked his shot at Matt Millen the day of the Freeh Report.
– Fortune had a must-read piece about how most of what is known about the Fast and Furious scandal is wrong.
– Sally Jenkins, the last journalist to interview Joe Paterno, absolutely eviscerated him for lying to her in a column the day after the release of the Freeh Report.
– Alex Pareene, who’s just been killing it lately over at Salon, gives an overview of the the Brett Kimberlin vs. right-wing bloggers melee.
– The area blocks from my office was home to David Lynch in the ’70s, inspired him to make “Eraserhead,” and is even known as “The Eraserhood,” Philadelphia Weekly wrote.
– Balloon Juice is right: this election is the ugliest election ever, because all of them are.
Here’s a new video I put together of Noah and Jonah this summer:
My grandfather, Alvin Gleekel, passed away last month. Here’s an article the Star Tribune wrote about him.